Get That Sun-Kissed Glow At Sephora
Wednesday - July 05, 2006
Get That Sun-Kissed Glow At Sephora
Whether you’re enjoying the hot summer sun or just want the look of luminosity, here are four summer must haves from Sephora:
• GlowFusion Micro-Nutrient Face & Body Natural Protein Tan ($40 for a 5-ounce bottle, available in light and dark)-This revolutionary new self-tanning technology works with your skin’s natural keratin proteins to create a beautifully customized natural shade of glow. The tan develops naturally and can last up to two weeks without fading. It’s the first-ever clear, natural, and completely odorfree self-tanning mist. It is also non-greasy, and dries immediately.
• KP Duty dermatologist moisturizing therapy for dry skin by DERMAdoctor ($36 for a 4-ounce bottle) - Say goodbye to Keratosis Pilaris (aka chicken skin) and other dry skin concerns with this dermatologist tested and approved body lotion. KP Duty rapidly improves the appearance of “chicken skin bumps” by chemically exfoliating without causing irritation and hydrating dryness with a powerful, dermatologist preferred humectant, leaving skin soft and smooth. It also eliminates inflammation at the base of each follicle (visible as reddish polka dots) with continued use. According to DERMAdoctor, one out of every two people endures dry, rough Keratosis Pilaris. KP Duty is the first product specifically designed to treat this chronic skin condition.
• Tan Airbrush in a Can by Model Co. ($28 for 187 ml bottle or $36 for a 275 ml bottle) - This instant bronzer and self-tanning spray can be used on the face and body, and features a 360 degree nozzle.
• Global Health SPF 30 FACE and Global Health SPF 30 Body by Cosmedicine ($40 for face lotion, $35 for body lotion) - Research has shown that overexposure to UV light is the No. 1 cause of 90 percent of premature skin aging and cancer. Global Health Face has an SPF 30, but that’s not the only number that counts. In clinical studies, participants were exposed to 90 degree heat and 80 percent humidity for an extended period of time. Even under these extreme conditions, Global Health Face, measured zero running, dripping, and spreading and zero irritation to skin or eyes. Global Health Body is a lightweight, sports utility lotion that outfits your skin with an all weather protective shell that includes five broad spectrum UV sunscreens plus an impressive cast of antioxidants.
* ARE YOU SUN DAMAGED? Murad can correct it. Their team of experts will give you a personal UV damage test, and prescribe you a regimen to reverse current damage and prevent future sun exposure. Saturday, July 15 and Sunday, July 16 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Space is limited. For more information, call 944-9797.
Fashion Show, Natural Vibes At Windward Mall
Windward Mall holds its back-to-school sidewalk sale this weekend (July 7 to 9) and a back-to-school bash for teens called The Scene on Sunday, July 9 with a fashion show and live performance by Natural Vibrations. The fashion show, which takes place from noon to 1 p.m., will feature the latest styles from Town & Country, Macy’s, Jeans Warehouse, Lil’ Miss Trend-E and Celebrity Tuxedo. The lucky boy and girl winners of the mall’s recent Mad Makeover Contest will top off the fashion show as they reveal their new looks courtesy of Bellagio Salon~Spa, T & C Surf Designs, Jeans Warehouse and Local Motion. Also entertaining are Magic of Kaulana and Hypersquad Dance Company. There will also be an afternoon of games from 1 to 3 p.m. Natural Vibrations will take the stage from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Following the concert, guests who bring a Pepsi bottle cap can take a spin at the Pepsi Prize Wheel from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. to win prizes.
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):