Makeup Tips From Gina Brooke of Shu Uemura
Wednesday - March 22, 2006
The Ultimate You Contributes To The Peggy Chun Fund
Beginning March 25 through April 8, The Ultimate You will contribute 10 percent of all sales to Peggy’s Fund. The glamorous consignment boutique located at 449 Kapahulu Ave. (near Hee Hing Restaurant) offers unbelievable buys on designer clothing and accessories, including Anne Namba, Shanghai Tang, FENDI, BCBG and more. Shoppers should mention their intentions to help Peggy when purchasing. For more information, call 734- 7724.
Wacoal Fit For The Cure Event
On March 25 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Neiman Marcus, Wacoal will donate $2 to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation for each customer fitted in a Wacoal or Donna Karan Intimates bra. An additional $2 donation will be made for each purchase of a Wacoal bra. Also, receive a special Wacoal soap as your gift with every bra and panty purchase, while supplies last.
Makeup Tips From Gina Brooke of Shu Uemura
Gina Brooke, celebrity makeup artist to Madonna and Eva Longoria, made an exclusive appearance at Neiman Marcus Ala Moana last week for a special makeup show featuring the new shu uemura Spring 2006 Sweet Mode makeup collection.
Brooke, who is the artistic director for shu uemura, works exclusively with Madonna on personal appearances and performances when promoting her new album Confessions on A Dance Floor, and will celebrate the cover of Harper’s Bazaar March issue featuring Madonna wearing shu uemura cosmetics, as well as Madonna’s new hit single Sorry, where she’s wearing the shu uemura $10,000 custom diamond mink false lashes sold exclusively at Neiman Marcus.
The new shu uemura in-store boutique at Neiman Marcus Ala Moana features Hawaii’s first-ever Tokyo Lash Bar, where customers can book an appointment with one of shu uemura’s trained artists for custom false eyelash application. And for most women who can’t afford the $10,000 lashes, shu uemura offers the Dazzling Diamante, a faux fur version of Madonna’s custom mink lashes adorned with a strip of dazzling diamante along the lash line, for $25.
Along with a pair of beautiful lashes, Brooke says the hottest trend this spring is beautiful skin.
“Glowing, beautiful skin that’s dewey,” she says. “My philosophy is the same as Shu Uemura, which is that beautiful makeup begins with beautiful skin. If you don’t take care of your skin, it’s impossible to achieve a flawless complexion. “Also, using soft, beautiful colors. I tend to push women to not be afraid to use color. Spring is a time to refresh and start new and just really enhance the skin tone of your face.”
Top five essential items every woman should have, according to Brooke:
1) shu uemura eyelash curler ($18) - ”It’s the best quality eyelash curler,” says Brooke. “When you’re curling your lashes it not only gives you an instant eye-opener, but it doesn’t pinch or pull out your lashes. Also, it’s been rated by almost every magazine in the country as the No. 1 eyelash curler.”
2) Hydrating masks (eye zone $40, full face $50) - “These masks are loaded with pro-vitamin B5 which calms puffiness, hydrates your skin, and it also works as an antibacterial against blemishes.”
3) shu uemura Depsea water ($22) - “What’s so special about this is that the water is taken from only three parts of the world: Norway, Hawaii and Japan. They extract the water 320 meters below the water surface and literally pump out the water straight into the bottle. It’s loaded with up to 60 minerals from the sea. And what’s great about using this product is that it not only hydrates your skin, but it also works really well before you apply your moisturizer because your skin is more susceptible to hydration when your skin is wet.”
4) shu uemura skin purifier (150 ml $ 26.50, 450 ml $60) - “Shu Uemura became a legend over the cleansing oil. In the 1950s, he moved to Hollywood and started doing celebrity makeup, and he formulated the cleansing oil to remove makeup, Marilyn Monroe was one of the first people to use it.And today, the cleansing oil is still the leading selling cleansing oil in the world. One is sold every 30 seconds.”
5) Pair of lashes ($12-$25) - “Lashes enhance and define the shape of your eye. They provide an instant glamour and subtle sophistication. I’m very much about eyes because when you think about it the first thing people look at is your eyes, so I really like to focus on the eyes.”
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):