Rockin’ Doodlebobs Snacks
Wednesday - September 24, 2008
Hey, kids, get ready to rock! It’s almost time for Doodlebops Live!
The Disney Channel television stars will perform Sept. 26-28 at Blaisdell Concert Hall. The rage among the younger set, the show features the three fun-loving bandmates - Deedee, Rooney and Moe Doodle - who live out their daily lives as the biggest phenomena in kids’ pop music.
This is the live show that has sold out to more than 100,000 keiki across the U.S. and Canada already. It’s an unforgettable performance for the entire family, so make plans now to take everyone to Doodlebops Live!
Ahearty thanks to the threesome for giving us some of their favorite snacks for Island enjoyment before or after the show.
DOODLEBOPS FAVORITE SNACKS BUGS ON A LOG
* 2 stalks celery
* 1/3 cup peanut butter
* 1/4 cup raisins Spread peanut butter on celery sticks; dot raisins on top.
* 1 large red apple, cut into 8 wedges
* 6 marshmallows * 1 small jar of creamy peanut butter
* 1 large banana, cut into 1-inch slices To make a kebob, carefully push a skewer through the ingredients, starting with a piece of apple, then a marshmallow, then banana, then another marshmallow. Spread a dollop of peanut butter on top of the marshmallow. Now, skewer a piece of banana and another marshmallow (with more peanut butter) and finish with a piece of apple. Repeat with a second skewer. Makes two kebobs.
* 3 6-inch flour tortillas
* cooking spray
* 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
* 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled
* 1 tablespoon orange juice
* 3 ounces vanilla yogurt
* 1 cup chopped strawberries
* 1/2 cup shredded coconut or white chocolate shavings
To make the tortilla chips, heat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the tortillas into triangles, lay them on a baking sheet and spritz them with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar over the tops of the tortillas and bake for 12 minutes or until crisp.
For homemade strawberry sauce, combine the strawberries, orange juice and the remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar in a blender. Puree the ingredients until smooth. Once the chips have cooled, set them on a plate. To complete the buffet, set out separate bowls containing the strawberry sauce, yogurt, chopped strawberries and coconut or chocolate shavings. Makes four to six servings.
* whole-grain hot dog bun
* peanut butter
* wheat germ or sunflower seeds
Simply spread a whole-grain hot dog bun with peanut butter, sprinkle with wheat germ or sunflower seeds, and top with a whole, peeled banana and a squiggle of jam.
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):