A Healthy Taste Of Umeke Market
Wednesday - November 14, 2007
This week the folks from Umeke Market visit the show to prepare the following good-foryou recipes.
UMEKE MARKET TOFU POKE
* 6 packages atsu age (fried tofu), cubed
* 2 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
* 2 tablespoons Sambal Olek (concentrated chili paste)
* 2 cups sliced onions
* 3/4 cup chopped green onions
* 1/2 cup furikake
* about 3 ounces lemon juice
Cube tofu and put in bowl. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Let marinate at least 1 hour before serving.
UMEKE MARKET ORGANIC KALE SALAD
* red cabbage
* 3 ounces Braggs Liquid Aminos (has less sodium) or shoyu
* 6 ounces olive oil
* 1 tablespoon garlic puree
* 4 ounces lemon juice
Soak kale well to clean all dirt off. Chop kale finely, only down to tender ribs. Julienne-cut carrots and shred red cabbage. Mix all veggies in a bowl, pour dressing over salad and toss lightly until dressing covers the salad.
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):