A Made-in-Hawaii Menu
Wednesday - September 14, 2011
This week, we’re in the kitchen cooking up the following recipes made with Hawaii products from KTA.
PIPI KAULA POKE
* 2 pounds pipi kaula
* 3-4 tablespoons sesame oil
* 2 tablespoons inamona (dried kukui nut)
* 1 tablespoon Hawaiian salt
* 1/2 cup ogo (chopped)
* 1/4 cup sliced Maui onions
* 1/2 tablespoon dried chili pepper
* chopped green onions, for color
In bowl, mix all of the above ingredients and chill before serving.
* zucchini, sliced
* eggplant, sliced
* Hamakua mushrooms
* Chinese cabbage, chopped
* bean sprouts
* beef, pork, chicken, thinly sliced and/or salmon or ahi belly (brine for 20 minutes in 2 tablespoons Hawaiian salt and 4 cups water)
Use whatever meat or vegetable you desire. Heat pan and add in butter. Fry in butter to desired doneness.
For Batayaki Sauce:
* juice from 1 lemon
* 1/4 cup Aloha shoyu
* 1 tablespoon ko chu jung sauce
* 1 tablespoon sesame oil
* 1/2 can chicken broth
* daikon, grated (optional, to taste)
* green onions, chopped (optional, to taste)
Squeeze lemon juice into a bowl. Add shoyu, Ko chu Jung sauce, sesame oil and chicken broth. Mix well, then add in grated daikon and chopped green onions.
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):