A Made-in-Hawaii Menu Of Local Faves
Wednesday - November 23, 2011
This week we’re in the kitchen cooking with madein-Hawaii products from KTA.
PIPI KAULA POKE
* 2 pounds pipi kaula
* 3-4 tablespoons sesame oil
* 2 tablespoons inamona (dried kukui nut)
* 1 tablespoon Hawaiian salt
* 1/2 cup chopped ogo
* 1/4 cup sliced Maui onions
* 1/2 tablespoon dried chili pepper
* chopped green onions, for color
In a bowl, mix all of the above ingredients and chill before serving.
* zucchini, sliced
* eggplant, sliced
* Hamakua mushrooms
* Chinese cabbage, chopped
* bean sprouts
* thinly sliced beef, pork or boneless chicken, and/or salmon or ahi belly (brine for 20 minutes in 2 tablespoons Hawaiian salt and 4 cups water)
Use whatever meat or vegetable you desire. Heat pan and add butter. Fry in butter to desired doneness.
For Batayaki Sauce:
* juice of 1 lemon
* 1/4 cup Aloha shoyu
* 1 tablespoon Ko Chu Jung sauce
* 1 tablespoon sesame oil
* 1/2 can chicken broth
* daikon, grated (option to desired amount)
* green onions, chopped (option to desired amount)
In a bowl squeeze lemon for the juice. Add in shoyu, Ko Chu Jung sauce, sesame oil and chicken broth. Mix well, then add in grated daikon and chopped green onions.
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):