A Prize-winning Recipe With Aloha
Wednesday - April 08, 2009
Aloha Tofu Recipe Contest winner TraceyApollona, and Paul Uyehara, owner of Aloha Tofu, visit the show this week to share her winning recipe.
This show aired originally in October 2005.
ALOHA TOFU PATTIES
* 1 block firm Aloha Tofu
* 1 cup flaked cooked salmon, seasoned with garlic salt and pepper
* 1 cup chopped cooked shrimp (about 1 dozen shrimp)
* 1/2 cup crab meat (drain all moisture)
* 1 cup chopped water chestnuts (one can)
* 1 egg
* 1/4 cup diced green onions
* 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
* 1 tablespoon shoyu
* 1 1/2 cups panko
* black pepper and garlic salt, if needed
Mix all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Form into patties and fry in about 3/4 cup cooking oil until golden brown. Drain on a paper towels.
Make an additional dipping sauce.
Arrange patties on a platter and drizzle with the sauce.
For Dipping Sauce:
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup shoyu
* 1 cup water
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):