A Spicy Taste Of Gyu-Kaku
Wednesday - July 08, 2009
On this week’s show we’re cooking Japanese yakiniku, Gyu-Kaku-style. This show aired originally in January 2006.
SPICY TUNA AVOCADO SALAD
* 1/4 cup) ahi poke chunks
* 1/4 cup avocado, cut same size as poke chunks
* 1/8 cup daikon (Japanese radish), julienne
* 1/8 cup julienne-cut cabbage
* cucumber, slice as desired
* 1/4 cup lettuce, for salad bed
* 1 pinch nori strips
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* sesame seeds, as desired
For Salad Dressing:
* 2 tablespoons ponzu sauce
* 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
* black pepper, to taste For Chili Mayo:
* 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
* 1 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
* 1 teaspoon garlic paste
Mix tuna and avocado with the chili mayo mixture and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
On a salad plate, spread a bed of lettuce, add the tuna/avocado mixture in the middle of the bed of lettuce, then top with daikon, cabbage and slices of cucumbers. Sprinkle with strips of nori and sesame seeds.
Add dressing to the salad (don’t pour over the tuna/avocado).
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):