A Winning Tofu And Crab Recipe
Wednesday - January 09, 2008
This week, the Aloha Tofu Recipe Contest winner Tracey Apolinona shares her winning recipe.
This show aired originally in October 2005.
Aloha Tofu Patties
* 1 block Aloha tofu (firm)
* 1 cup of cooked, flaked salmon (seasoned with garlic salt and pepper)
* 1 cup chopped cooked shrimp (about 1 dozen)
* 1/2 cup crab meat (drain all moisture)
* 1 cup chopped water chestnuts (one can)
* 1 egg
* 1/4 cup diced green onions
* 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
* 1 tablespoon shoyu
* season with black pepper and garlic salt, if needed
Mix all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Form into patties and fry in about 3/4 cup cooking oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Lay patties on a platter and drizzle with the dipping sauce.
For Dipping Sauce:
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup shoyu
* 1 cup water
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):