An Island-style Brunch
Wednesday - August 24, 2011
On this special Sunday show, Kelvin Ro of Diamond Head Market & Grill and KCC visits the kitchen to cook up the following recipes.
This show aired orignally in October 2009.
PORK HASH LOCO MOCO WITH SNEAKY FRIED RICE
For Pork Hash:
* 2 cups diced slowroasted pork butt (pork butt crusted with garlic, Hawaiian salt and black pepper), roasted at 300 degrees for 4-5 hours or until fork tender
* 4 cups boiled potatoes, lightly smashed
* 1/2 cup chopped green onions
* salt and pepper, to taste
Mix and form patties. Pan-fry until golden brown and crispy.
For Sneaky Fried Rice:
* 1/2 cup diced Portuguese sausage
* 1/4 cup diced bacon
* 1/4 cup diced round onion
* 1/4 cup chopped greenonion
* 1/4 cup small-diced carrot
Sauté all of the above and add 4 cups cooked brown rice (refrigerated and separated), oyster sauce, shoyu and Sriracha sauce to taste.
Assemble with the fried rice on the bottom and the hash on top.
Drizzle with some of your favorite brown gravy and top it off with an over-easy or sunny sideup egg.
* 4 cups of prepared pancake batter (use your favorite pancake batter for this)
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 tablespoons melted butter
* 1 cup medium-diced fresh banana
Grill until air bubbles do not collapse and turn once.
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):