An Old-fashioned Italian Favorite
Wednesday - July 18, 2007
We’re making ravioli from scratch this week using the following delicious and simple old-fashioned recipe.
For Meat Filling:
* 1/2 onion, chopped; sauté in
* 2-3 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1/2 teaspoon oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon celery flakes
* 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
* 1 teaspoon parsley
* onion salt, generous amount Cook just until the meat is no longer red (do not brown the meat) Transfer meat to mixer.
* 1/4 cup Romano cheese
* 4 slices of bread, remove crust and moisten slightly with water
* 2 eggs Blend in mixture until texture is fine. Set in the fridge for at least an hour (the longer the better, may want to leave overnight)
* 3 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups flour
* pinch salt Combine ingredients and pulse in mixer until a ball is formed.
Remove from mixer and separate into two parts. Cover unused dough to prevent hardening. Roll out the second part into rectangle (as thin as possible)
Place meat filling (suggest using a small ice cream scoop to create uniformity) onto pasta. Fold pasta over the meat filling. Using your hands, press around the meat filling and cut dough into squares. Seal dough using a fork to press down the edges, then trim edges. Poach pasta in salted/oil water for 10-15 minutes (depends on how thin the pasta was rolled). Remove from water and drain.
Top the ravioli with your favorite pasta sauce.
Optional: sprinkle with Romano or Parmesan cheese.
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):