Choppin’ And Rollin’ With The Tanioka’s Crew
Wednesday - December 02, 2009
This week we host Justin Tanioka and the crew from Tanioka’s Seafood and Catering: Alissa Lerner Kimura shares her Italian Chop Chop Salad and Chef Jensen Endo shares a Crispy Spicy Ahi Roll.
TANIOKA’S ITALIAN CHOP CHOP SALAD
* 2 cups chopped lettuce (romaine, butter or Manoa work best)
* 1 cup cubed steamed beets (fresh best, canned OK)
* 1 cup canned garbanzo beans * 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
* 1 cup chopped Goteborg Salami
* 1 cup crushed San Francisco Garlic Bagels Chips (can be found in the bread aisle in most stores)
Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Top with 1 cup torn arugula and 1 to 1 1/2 cups creamy Italian dressing. Mix again and garnish with sliced avocado.
CRISPY SPICY AHI ROLL
* Tanioka’s spicy ahi * maki sushi rice
* green onions * nori (sheet)
* masago mayo sauce
* unagi sauce
* flour * panko
* cooking oil
Cut a regular sheet of nori in thirds. Spread the sushi rice evenly onto the bottom half of the nori slice. Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of spicy ahi evenly in the middle of the sushi rice.
Lightly wet the top of the nori slice and hand roll (firm). Take roll and lightly coat with flour, then quickly dip in egg wash and roll it in the panko.
Heat up cooking oil to 325 degrees.
Deep fry roll approximately 2-4 minutes for seared ahi inside or 5-8 minutes for fully cooked ahi.
Drizzle unagi and masago mayo sauce over the rolls and enjoy.
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):