Cooking With Martin Wyss Of Swiss Inn
Wednesday - September 21, 2011
This week Chef Martin Wyss, formerly of Swiss Inn, and author Muriel Miura visit the show to prepare the following recipes. This show aired originally in November 2009.
* 8 (2-3 ounces each) trout fillets (or mahi mahi, sole, perch or snapper)
* salt, to taste
* lemon juice
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1/2 stick butter or 2 tablespoons canola oil
* 2 bananas, sliced length-wise, quartered
* chopped parsley and lemon wedges, for garnish
* Mushroom Sauce
Season fish fillets with salt and lemon juice. Dust with flour and dip in egg; sauté in butter or oil 1 to 2 minutes. Place fish on mushroom sauce. Sauté bananas in 1 tablespoon butter or canola oil and place on top of fish. For extra flavor and calories, pour a little brown butter over it, if desired.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley and garnish with lemon wedges.
For Mushroom Sauce:
* 1/2 pound mushrooms, cleaned and sliced thin
* 1/4 cup white wine
* few drops lemon juice
* 1 chicken bouillon cube or 1 scant teaspoon chicken base
* pinch white pepper
* 1 tablespoon butter or canola oil
* 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
* 1/4 cup whipping cream
* few drops “Maggi” seasoning
* salt and white pepper, to taste
To prepare mushroom sauce, place mushrooms, white wine, lemon juice, chicken base and white pepper in saucepan; bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat until mushrooms are tender and cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside. In another saucepan, make a roux: Melt butter over low heat, whisk in flour, stirring constantly. Strain mushroom liquid into roux; bring to a boil and add cream, mushrooms and Maggi, and simmer gently for a few minutes. Check seasoning; add salt and white pepper, if necessary. Set aside and keep warm.
* 2 tablespoons canola oil
* 2 slices bacon, chopped
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons chopped round onion
* 4 cups frozen hash browns (grated cooked potatoes)
* salt and pepper, to taste
* 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
Heat nonstick flat skillet; add oil, bacon and butter. When the bacon is threequarters cooked, add onions and sauté for another minute. Add hash browns; add salt and pepper to taste and sauté for 2 minutes or so. Mix and pat into round skillet. Brown evenly on both sides until crisp and golden. Slide onto platter and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):