Fresh Island Fish In The Raw
Wednesday - February 11, 2009
We’re going all raw on the show this week as we serve up the following fresh island fish recipes.
This show aired originally in October 2005.
* 1 pound ahi
* salt and pepper, to taste
* 1/4 diced cup red bell pepper
* 1/4 diced cup yellow bell pepper
* 1/4 cup diced red onions
* 1/4 cup chopped green onions
* 1/4 cup capers
* 1/4 cup diced tomatoes,
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 6 tablespoons lime juice
Slice ahi thinly and spread out on serving platter. Season with salt and pepper. Layer vegetables.
Top with olive oil and, lastly, the lime juice.
* 1 pound ono (white-meat fish), cubed or sliced
* Hawaiian salt, to taste
* 5-6 tablespoons olive oil
* pepper, to taste
* 1/4 cup corn kernels
* 1/4 cup black or pinto beans
* 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
* 1/2 avocado, cubed
* 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
* 1 teaspoon cumin
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/2 cup lime juice
In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients as listed and toss.
Serve with corn chips on a cold platter.
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):