In The Kitchen With Konishiki
Wednesday - May 30, 2007
This week Konishiki is in the kitchen to help prepare the following recipes from the National Kidney Foundation Calabash Cookbook for Kidney Health.
SALMON IN GINGER SAUCE
* 2 1/2 pounds salmon filet, half pound each
* 3 tablespoons dry sherry
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
* 1 tablespoon Oriental sesame seed oil
* 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger
* 2 tablespoons chopped Chinese parsley
* 3 teaspoons margarine
Combine sherry, soy sauce and oil. Baste fish with the marinade. Sprinkle with ginger and parsley. Dot with margarine (approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons per filet). Refrigerate until ready to cook.
Preheat oven to broil. Put salmon in broiling pan and place below broiler. Broil until salmon flakes easily with a fork (approximately 5 minutes).
Makes four servings.
MAHIMAHI TO GO
* 2 pounds mahimahi
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
* 1 pinch ground black pepper
* 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
* 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
* 1/4 cup chopped parsley
Pat fish dry. Sprinkle with lemon juice and ground black pepper. Mix the mayonnaise, relish and chopped onions. Spread mixture over fish.
Cook under broiler for approximately 10 minutes until texture is flaky.
Garnish with parsley.
Makes eight servings.
MINTED LAMB CHOPS
* 1/2 cup dry white wine
* 1/4 cup water
* 2 tablespoons oil
* 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
* 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed black pepper
* 8 shoulder lamb chops
In a small bowl, combine wine, water, oil, onion, garlic, mint, rosemary and pepper. Place chops in a shallow dish; pour in marinade.
Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally. Drain; reserve marinade.
Grill chops over medium heat for 20-25 minutes. Turn over and glaze with marinade.
Makes eight servings.
CRANBERRY LEMONADE PUNCH
* 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
* 32 ounces seltzer/sparkling water, chilled
* 4 cups cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
* 1 (12 ounce) can ginger ale, chilled
Combine lemonade concentrate, seltzer/sparkling water, ginger ale and cranberry juice cocktail in a large punchbowl. Garnish with slices of lime.
Makes 22 servings.
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):