Kicked-up Tofu Salad And Steak Sandwiches
Wednesday - January 27, 2010
Derek Kurisu from KTA Superstores visits the show this week with the following kicked-up tofu salad and Big Island steak sandwich recipes.
This show aired originally in March 2009.
* 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
* 1 bunch watercress, chopped
* 1 package MountainApple Brand Bean Sprouts (moyashi)
* 2 tomatoes, diced
* 1 block firm Aloha Tofu, sliced in chunks
* 1 takuwan (pickled daikon or radish), sliced matchstick-size
* 4-8 ounces taegu (prepared Korean cuttlefish)
* radish sprouts, for garnish
Layer the above in serving plate or pan starting with watercress. Pour cool sauce over it before serving. Enjoy!
For Tofu Salad Sauce:
* 1/2 cup Aloha Shoyu
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 2 cloves garlic (shredded)
* 2 tablespoons sugar
Bring to a boil and cool before pouring over salad.
Double the recipe for extra sauce.
BIG ISLAND STEAK SANDWICH
* 2-3 ounces Big Island Grass-fed Beef
* Mountain Apple “Wow Seasoning,” or a combination of olive oil, fresh local chopped ginger, chopped garlic and Hawaiian salt
* 1 ounce Hawaiian Eateries Kim Chee Dip
* Mountain Apple Brand “Any Kind Bread” (sweet bread)
* locally grown lettuce
* locally grown tomatoes
* locally grown sweet onions
Spread Kim Chee dip on the sweet bread. Add cooked sliced steak, top off with lettuce, tomatoes and sweet onions.
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):