Kicked-up Big Island Favorites
Wednesday - March 25, 2009
Derek Kurisu from KTA Superstores visits us on the show this week with the following kicked-up tofu salad and Big Island steak sandwich recipes.
* 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
* 1 bunch watercress, chopped
* 1 package Mountain Apple Brand Bean Sprouts (moyashi)
* 2 tomatoes, diced
* 1 block firm Aloha Tofu, sliced in chunks
* 1 takuwan (pickled daikon or radish), sliced match-stick size
* 4-8 ounces taegu (prepared Korean cuttlefish)
* radish sprouts, for garnish
Layer the above on serving plate or in pan, starting with watercress. Pour cool sauce over it before serving. Enjoy!
For Tofu Salad Sauce:
* 1/2 cup Aloha Shoyu
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 2 cloves garlic (shredded)
* 2 tablespoons sugar
Bring to a boil and cool before pouring over salad.
Double the recipe for extra sauce.
BIG ISLAND STEAK SANDWICH
* 2-3 ounces Big Island Grass-fed Beef
* Mountain Apple “Wow Seasoning,” or a combina tion of olive oil, fresh local chopped ginger, chopped garlic and Hawaiian salt
* 1 ounce Hawaiian Eateries Kim Chee Dip
* Mountain Apple Brand “Any Kind Bread” (Sweet Bread)
* locally grown lettuce * locally grown tomatoes
* locally grown sweet onions
Spread Kim Chee dip on the sweet bread. Add cooked, sliced steak and top off with lettuce, tomatoes and sweet onions.
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):