Loco Moco With A Twist
Wednesday - November 04, 2009
This week, Kelvin Ro of Diamond Head Market and Grill and Kapiolani Community College visits the show.
PORK HASH LOCO MOCO WITH SNEAKY
For Pork Hash:
* 2 cups diced slow-roasted pork butt (pork butt crusted with garlic, Hawaiian salt and black pepper), slow roasted at 300 degrees for four to five hours or until fork-tender
* 4 cups boiled potatoes, lightly smashed
* 1/2 cup chopped green onions
* salt and pepper, to taste Mix and form patties. Pan fry until golden brown and crispy.
For Sneaky Fried Rice:
* 1/2 cup diced Portuguese sausage
* 1/4 cup diced bacon
* 1/4 cup diced round onion
* 1/4 cup chopped green onion
* 1/4 cup small diced carrot Sauté all of the above and add 4 cups cooked brown rice (refrigerated and separated) oyster sauce, shoyu and Siracha chili sauce,to taste. Assemble with the fried rice on the bottom with the hash on top. Drizzle with your favorite brown gravy and top it with an over-easy or sunnyside-up egg. Add your roast pork hash and eggs with the fried rice.
* 4 cups of prepared pancake batter (use your favorite pancake batter)
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 tablespoons melted butter
* 1 cup medium diced fresh banana Grill until air bubbles do not collapse and turn once.
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):