Lucky They Work For Google
Wednesday - June 11, 2008
This week, we welcome to the show executive chef for Google, Josef L. Desimone, who cooks up gourmet meals for Google employees in Mountain View, Calif.
This show aired originally in July 2006.
FLANK STEAK WITH QUATTRO COPAS TEQUILA, PINEAPPLE, JALAPENO AND AGAVE GLAZE
* 1/2 bottle Quattro Copas tequila or your favorite tequila
* 1/2 gallon pineapple juice, fresh, if possible
* 6 jalapeno peppers, stems removed, seeds intact
* 1/2 cup agave nectar (syrup)
* sea salt, to taste
* flank steak, season with salt and pepper, grilled and cut
* pineapple, cut and grill
* papaya, cut and grill
* mango, cut and grill
For Steak Glaze:
Combine tequila, pineapple juice, peppers, nectar and salt in a heavy-bottom, steel, 12-quart sauce pot. Adjust flavor with sea salt and agave nectar, if needed.
On a platter, arrange cut flank steak with grilled fruits.
Add glaze to the flank steak, garnish with chopped green onions and serve.
* 3/4 bottle brut champagne
* 4 shallots, peeled, rough cut
* 1 cup rice wine vinegar
* 3 cups rice bran oil or grape seed oil
* 1/8 cup agave nectar (syrup)
* sea salt, to taste * freshly ground black pepper, to taste
* mango, avocado and grape fruit, peeled and cut
In a blender, add shallots, champagne and rice vinegar and blend until smooth.
Slowly drizzle in oil (this step must be done slowly in order to properly emulsify).
Adjust seasoning with agave nectar, sea salt and pepper to taste.
Arrange cut mango, avocado and grapefruit on a platter and drizzle the champagne vinaigrette over the fruits just before serving.
For Smaller Portions:
* 1/2 cup champagne
* 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
* 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
* 1 cup rice bran oil or grape seed oil
* salt and freshly ground pepper
Makes 1 1/2 cups, enough for six to eight salads
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):