Seafood Cioppino The Island Way
Wednesday - December 27, 2006
This week we prepare a special holiday dinner for special guests Aurelio Garcia, executive chef at Sam Choy’s Breakfast, Lunch and Crab, and Galyn Wong of Mutual Publishing. This show aired originally on Dec. 24, 2005.
ISLAND-STYLE CHRISTMAS CIOPPINO
* 2 1/2 pounds king crab
* 1 whole Dungeness crab
* 2 pounds mahimahi
* 2 pounds opah
* 2 pounds salmon
* 1 dozen clams
* 1 dozen mussels
* 2 pounds shrimp
* 2 medium potatoes
* 1 medium taro
* 2 medium onions
* 4 stalks celery
* 2 red bell peppers
* 2 yellow bell peppers
* 2 medium carrots
* 1 large can clam juice
* 1 large can chicken stock
* 2 tablespoons minced garlic * 1 bunch cilantro
* 3 1/2 cups canned chopped tomatoes
In a large, flat pan, sauté the minced garlic in olive oil and add the vegetables. Start to add the Dungeness and king crab, then add the chicken stock and clam juice. Add the rest of the seafood and chopped cilantro and keep stirring. Season the dish with salt and pepper. Serve with Sam’s Garlic Bread.
SAM’S GARLIC BREAD
* 1 loaf French bread Slice French bread in half and spread with garlic butter. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake until golden.
For Garlic Butter:
* 2 blocks butter, softened
* 1/4 cup garlic, chopped
* 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
* salt and white pepper, to taste
Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
* pink lemonade
* Cruzon Raspberry Rum
Fill your blender with ice. Pour the pink lemonade to cover the ice and add 2 ounces of raspberry rum. Blend and serve immediately.
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):