Wednesday - August 09, 2006
This week Tyson and Zippy’s team up to prepare the following recipe.
CHICKEN IN MUSHROOM GRAVY
* 2 1/2 pounds chicken thighs (such as one package of Tyson 40-ounce Individually Fresh-Frozen Chicken Thighs)
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
* 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
* 1 medium onion, diced (about 2 cups)
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, cut
* 2 tablespoons flour
* 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
* 1/2 cup evaporated milk
* additional salt and black pepper, to taste Brown the bacon in a large skillet, and set aside.
Season the chicken thighs with salt, black pepper, and poultry seasoning, and brown on both sides, using the same skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat until cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
Drain and discard all but 2 tablespoons of the fat. Add the onions, mushrooms and garlic, and cook for several minutes until onions begin to soften. Add the flour, mix and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the chicken broth and evaporated milk, and bring to a boil, while stirring. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if needed. Return the cooked chicken thighs to the skillet, and smother with the gravy. Heat for a few minutes, and garnish with cooked bacon pieces.
Serve with mashed potatoes. Makes four servings.
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):