Wednesday - November 05, 2008
This week the folks from Tanioka’s visit the show to celebrate 30 years in Hawaii.
TANIOKA’S KOREAN-STYLE KAL-BI
* 3 pounds raw short ribs (bone in, 1/2-inch cut)
* 1 1/2 cups Tanioka’s Korean sauce (or other brand)
* 1/2 cup sesame seed oil
* 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
* 1 teaspoon ginger
* 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
* 1/2 cup water
* 2 teaspoon salt
Mix and marinate for two days.
TANIOKA’S CRISPY AHI BELLY WITH SHOYU CHILI SAUCE
* 4 pieces medium- to large-size ahi belly
* 3 cups cornstarch * 1 cup flour * 2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
* 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
For Shoyu Chili Sauce:
* 1 cup Tanioka’s shoyu
* 1 cup Tanioka’s chili pepper water
* green onions, chopped
* round sweet onions, sliced
Mix the cornstarch and flour, salt and pepper together, dip the ahi belly in the dry mixture and deep-fry in heated oil until crispy brown.
Mix shoyu chili sauce, dip the crispy ahi belly and serve hot.
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):