Tracey’s Winning Tofu Recipe
Wednesday - September 08, 2010
This week, Aloha Tofu Recipe Contest winner Tracey Apoliona visits the show to share her winning recipe.
This show aired originally in October 2005.
ALOHA TOFU PATTIES
* 1 block firm Aloha Tofu
* 1 cup cooked flaked salmon, seasoned with garlic salt and pepper
* 1 cup chopped cooked shrimp (about 1 dozen)
* 1/2 cup crab meat (drain all moisture)
* 1 cup chopped water chestnuts (one can)
* 1 egg
* 1/4 cup diced green onions
* 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
* 1 tablespoon shoyu
* 1 1/2 cups panko
* black pepper and garlic salt, if needed
Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Form into patties and fry in about 3/4 cup cooking oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Prepare dipping sauce. Arrange patties on a platter and drizzle with the sauce.
For Dipping Sauce:
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup shoyu
* 1 cup water
(Watch “Sam Choy’s Kitchen” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. on KHNL News 8.)
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):