Fall 2006 at Neiman Marcus
Wednesday - September 13, 2006
Fall 2006 fashion checklist: Narrow pants, black leggings and hot red shoes. Yes, that’s right. The must-haves from the 1980s are back and hotter than ever.
According to Neiman Marcus, the top 10 must-haves for women this fall are:
1) The black and gold handbag.
2) The red shoe — black is the color of the season, but red is the pop color of the season.
3) The belt — whether you’re wearing a blouse, jacket or dress, complete the look with a belt.
4) The tunic — liquid jersey knit tunics are both comfortable and fashionable.
5) The white shirt — borrowing from the boys, the white shirt “adds a crisp punch” to this season’s menswear-inspired look.
6) The narrow pant — narrow pants or skinny jeans are in with pumps or tucked into boots.
7) The dress — comfortable knit dresses can be dressed up or down.
8) The bold gold necklace — gold is the detail metal of the season.
9) Black leggings — a definite must this season. Leggings should end at the fullest part of your calf, and can be worn with flats or heels.
10) Boots & booties — from tall knee-high boots to ankle booties.
And for the men, the top five key fashion items include:
1) The jacket
2) The graphic tee
3) Dark denim jeans
4) Designer leather belts
5) Status sneakers
This season, it’s not just about what to wear, but how to wear it. As seen on the runway, there is now a shift in proportion. Full volume jackets, tunics and blouses are worn over tight black leggings, narrow pants or the pencil skirt. Layering is also a must this season with dresses being converted to tunics worn over pants, and skirts over leggings or opaque hosiery.
Learn more about ‘The New Proportions’ and enjoy informal modeling of some of fall’s must-have pieces at Neiman Marcus on Friday, Sept. 15 and Saturday, Sept. 16, as well as Friday, Sept. 22 and Saturday Sept. 23 from noon to 4 p.m. For more information, call 951-8887.
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS Comments (0) |
Most Recent Comment(s):