West Oahu Highlights
By MidWeek Staff
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS | Share Del.icio.us
* LA’AU LAPA’AU Malama Learning Center sponsors the workshop “Introduction to La’au Lapa’au” from 9 a.m. to noon Feb. 4 at Kapolei High School, led by practitioner Krista Steinfeld. Fee is $10 per person or $25 for families of up to three people. Register at malamalearningcenter.org or call 542-9107.
* COFFEE HOURS State Sen. Clarence Nishihara (Waipahu-Pearl City) meets with constituents for coffee hours at 8 a.m. Feb. 4 at the Waimano Home Road McDonald’s, 9 a.m. Feb. 4 at the Pearl City Walmart McDonald’s, and 8 a.m. Feb. 11 at the Waipahu Don Quijote store. Call 728-1008.
* PUPPY BOWL Breakers Restaurant and Bar in Haleiwa hosts a “Puppy Bowl” from noon to 6 p.m. Feb. 5 to benefit the Oahu Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, located in Kapolei. Come watch the Super Bowl and enjoy an afternoon with adoptable dogs, silent auction, raffles, a deejay, drink specials and more. Call 754-1519.
* COFFEE HOUR Pearl City High School plans a coffee hour with principal Carlyn Fujimoto at 8:30 a.m. and again at 6 p.m. Feb. 6 in Pearl City Cultural Center’s multipurpose room. Call 454-5500.
* ELDER ALERT Attorney Scott Suzuki discusses “Legal Tools to Protect Yourself from Elder Abuse, Long-Term Care Expenses and Taxes” at 6 p.m. Feb. 6 at Ewa Beach Library. Call 689-1204.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 8:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Feb. 6 at Aiea High School library, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Feb. 7 at Pali Momi Medical Center, and 7:15 a.m. to noon Feb. 7 at Island Pacific Academy. Call 845-9966.
* FILM NIGHT Aiea Library screens the Hugh Jackman film Real Steel at 5:30 p.m. Feb. 9 in a free program that includes refreshments. Call 4837333.
* NEIGHBORS Ewa Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 9 at Ewa Beach Library, Aiea meets at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 13 at Aiea Library, MakakiloKapolei-Honokai Hale meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 22 in Kapolei High cafeteria, Waipahu meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 23 at the FilCom Center, and Pearl City meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 28 at Waiau District Park. Call 7683710.
* VENDORS NEEDED Kapolei Project Grad seeks vendors and crafters for its spring craft fair, set for 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 31; also planned is a dancing/Zumba class at 8 a.m. for $10. Call 4788582 or 753-4374.
* ZUMBA Waipahu United Church of Christ hosts Zumba Gold classes for active seniors and beginners at 8:30 and 9:30 a.m. Saturdays at 94-330 Mokuloa St. in Waipahu. For fees and details, call 619-471-7045.
* FLAG FOOTBALL The 808 Ohana Flag Football league is registering players age 4 to 17 for the upcoming season in West Oahu from Kapolei to Aiea. Coaches and teams also needed. Call Richard at 590-1710.
* KEIKI TIME Pearl City Library hosts Preschool Storytime and Crafts at 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays, Jan. 25-May 16; and Toddler Puzzletime at 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Jan. 26-May 17. Call 453-6566. * XERISCAPE HOURS Halawa Xeriscape Garden is now open to the public from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays, featuring self-guided tours and free mulch for the community. Call 748-5041.
* MAKEKE KAPOLEI Kapolei High School offers a farmers’ and green market, Makeke Kapolei, from 3 to 6:30 p.m. each Thursday on campus, offering more than 20 vendors with locally grown produce, prepared foods, plants, arts and crafts. Call 692-8200, ext. 2267.
* SENIOR EXERCISE Hideo Kimura conducts free wellness education classes for seniors and others from noon to 2 p.m. Mondays and Fridays and from 10 a.m. to noon Wednesdays at Crestview Park building in Waipio Gentry, covering Ki energy and development, selfimprovement and aikido warm-up exercises. Call 671-4838 or 671-1422.
* PET FOOD DRIVE The Kapolei and Pearl City PETCO stores accept unopened, unexpired dry pet food daily for the Hawaiian Humane Society to help owners better afford to feed their dogs and cats. Call 356-2217.
E-mail this story | Print this page | Comments (0) | Archive | RSS
Most Recent Comment(s):